[Openstack-operators] Safe migrations Liberty to Newton

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:38:53 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, I have been quite concerned about how to migrate 50
projects and total 100 instances on Liberty/CentOS72, to Newton.

My storage backend is CEPH. Can anyone advice if I can as a safe
migration path, do a fresh install of Newton on additional hardware.
The new Newton cluster connecting to same old DB and Storage(CEPH
cluster). And then live-migrate to the new hardware?

Please advice if this approach works. Thx will