[Openstack-operators] old Juno documentation

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Nov 7 23:52:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Kris G. Lindgren <klindgren at godaddy.com>
wrote:

> I don’t have an answer for you, however I have noticed this EXACT same
> thing happening with API documentation.  The documentation gets replaced
> with latest version and it’s impossible to point people to the
> documentation for the older version of the api’s that we are actually
> running.
>

> IE: http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/ != valid for Liberty
> and I have no way of specify a micro version or even getting v2 api
> documentation (the v2 link points back to this link).

Hi Kris,
We're working on a solution for both microversioned and non-microversioned
API docs.

Once we have this in place, you'll be able to get a "liberty" set of API
docs with a dropdown selector.

Work is ongoing. Needs a release to pick up
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/327309/ (merged) and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393890/ (in review), then teams update any
needed changes in conf.py and republish. I'm available to help teams as
needed.

For the networking guide, your best bet is the suggestion to build from
source at the point-in-time noted later in this thread.

Anne

> Kris Lindgren
>
> Senior Linux Systems Engineer
>
> GoDaddy
>

> *From: *Cristina Aiftimiei <caifti at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Monday, November 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM
> *To: *"openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org" <
> openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>
> *Subject: *[Openstack-operators] old Juno documentation
>

> Dear all,
>
> in the last days I'm looking around for an old link that I had on how to
> configure "Provider networks with Open vSwitch"in Juno release.
>
> I had the link http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/
> scenario_provider_ovs.html that now give s a nice "404"
>
> Going to the Juno documentation - http://docs.openstack.org/juno/ - one
> can lcearly see that under the "Networking Guide" there is a lin pointing
> to the "wrong" release - http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/,
> from where one can reach the:
> http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_provider_ovs.html
>
> None of the documents under the " Operations and Administration Guides "
> point anymore to the "juno" version.
>
> As we have still a/some testbed with the Juno version I would like to ask
> you if you know of a place where "obsoleted" documentation is moved. As
> there are still the installation guides for this version I would expect
> that at least a trace of the Operation & Administration ones is kept.
> At least as vintage collection I would like to be able to read it once
> more ...
>
> Thank you very much for any information that you can provide,
>
> Cristina

Anne Gentle
www.justwriteclick.com