[Openstack-operators] Ceilometer/oslo.messaging connect to multiple RMQ endpoints

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 01:04:51 UTC 2016

That was me! and yes you can do it when consuming notifications with ceilometer-agent-notification

Eg in our ceilometer.conf we have

[notification]
workers=12
disable_non_metric_meters=true
store_events = true
batch_size = 50
batch_timeout = 5
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost1:5671/vhost1 <rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost1:5671/vhost1>
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost2:5671/vhost <rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost2:5671/vhost>2
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost3:5671/vhost3

If no messaging_urls are set then it will fall back to the settings in the [oslo_messaging_rabbit] config section
Also if you set messaging_urls then it won’t consume from the rabbit specified in [oslo_messaging_rabbit] so you have to add it to messaging_urls too.

Cheers,
Sam