[Openstack-operators] [telecom-nfv] Meeting #12 results

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:36:16 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I just thought I'd type up some of the things we discussed at the last
meeting [1].

First, the meeting was well attended with 6 people and maybe a couple
of lurkers in the background. :) The good attendance was because of
our session at the summit, so that is great.

The entire meeting was spent on discussing what mid to long term
project we could work on. My impression was that we had pretty good
consensus on doing some testing and benchmarking on a "vanilla" or
"minimal" NFVi reference architecture (which we would have to define),
perhaps using neutron-sfc as a component. But we ran out of time
before we could ensure we had complete agreement, so that will be the
first item on the next meeting agenda. Certainly it was a good
discussion that needed to happen. Also we noted other teams and
projects such as OPNFV and the performance working group that we could
potentially work with.

Thanks to all who attended and who were willing to make their ideas
and opinions known so that we can start working on a project.

Thanks,
Curtis.

[1]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/operators_telco_nfv/2016/operators_telco_nfv.2016-11-02-15.03.html