[Openstack-operators] Live migration on non-shared storage results huge qcow2

Adam Kijak adam.kijak at corp.ovh.com
Mon May 16 08:47:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to achieve something like https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1350857

The problem described there is: after successful live migration of an instance on non-shared storage, backing file + overlay (increment) is copied to destination compute node instead of only increment file.

I've tried to set some flags mentioned in the link, but it doesn't seems to work for me. Migration is successful and data on the instance is fine, but after reboot the instance can't boot because "...(vda1): bad geometry: block count...".

Has anyone managed to set up this kind of migration?