[Openstack-operators] [osops] OSOps Meeting Notes from Summit
josephbajin at gmail.com
Tue May 3 03:06:49 UTC 2016
I wanted to provide some updates to the OSOps Operators Meeting that was
held last week.
You can find the etherpad located here. 
The highlights of the meeting were the following:
- People see OSOps as an advocation group for patches, tools, and features
that operators need to get done.
- The OSOps group should pick a topic and work on getting that issue
resolved for the Operator community to help kick off the group’s work.
- The repo’s that OSOps maintains can be used to help in a few different
ways. One primary one mentioned was configuration files. Providing bare
minimum configuration files to use as a sanity check. The Kolla project
can help produce a few of these to jumpstart the project.
- Documentation Issues - Help facilitate the update of missing
- Provide packaging examples that could eventually work into a framework
for operators to use to pull upstream and apply patches. We are not
talking about finding one method, but providing options for operators to
Lots of great feedback in both sessions. The first session was around how
OSOps can help the provide information to and from projects for them to
review. The second half was held to find other ways that OSOps can help
and utilize the current repo’s to give Operators more tools to better
manage their environments.
Anyone with additional feedback or would like to help is welcome to join
the upcoming OSOps Meeting.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-operators