[Openstack-operators] [neutron] Interesting networking issue - need help

Christopher Hull chrishull42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:36:59 UTC 2016

Hi all;
Was originally DNS issue, but that was a downstream symptom.

Instances on Private net can't access internet TCP, but CAN ICMP. ping all.
Details:
1. Instances on Public net work perfectly.
2. Instances on Private net can fully access Public net instances, both
virtual and physical boxes.
   ssh from Private to Public instance works.
   http to OpenStack dashboard (physical box) from Private instance works.
3. Private instances can ping everything, including the internet.
4. Private instances can NOT TCP to my ATT gateway. (public net)
   HTTP to ATT gateway which has a web interface fails.
   Same is true for internet.  Ping, but no TCP (UDP?)
5. Floating IPs work.   I think the Neutron Router is fine.

Any ideas??
-Chris

- Christopher T. Hull
I am presently seeking a new career opportunity  Please see career page
http://chrishull.com/career
333 Orchard Ave, Sunnyvale CA. 94085
(415) 385 4865
chrishull42 at gmail.com