[Openstack-operators] [swift] swift ops runbook

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Mar 15 15:05:52 UTC 2016

I'd like to share the Swift ops runbook that was recently added to Swift's upstream documentation.

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/ops_runbook/index.html

This was originally contributed by operators of HPE's public Swift cluster and then cleaned up and landed two weeks ago at the Swift mid cycle. Although this work is obviously the work of many people, I'd like to especially thank Donagh McCabe of HPE for the original contribution and Alex Settle of Rackspace for help reformatting it for publication.

My hope is that this document will be continually updated with experiences from everyone in the community. If you have your own advice or guidance to offer, please submit a patch. If you're running a Swift cluster, please feel free to offer updates and corrections where necessary.

--John