[Openstack-operators] nova-conductor endless loop after boot (kilo)

John Stein tde3000 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:10:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I came across this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1460652

And I have some problems when I try to apply the suggested patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252361/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/255530/

I run pip install on the requirements which goes fine, but when I try
running python setup.py install
it gives me this error:

xception: Versioning for this project requires either an sdist
tarball, or access to an upstream git repository. Are you sure that
git is installed

I have also tried manually copying the files that were patched
(amqp.py, impl_rabbit.py, amqpdriver.py), but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what am I doing wrong, or if there's a
sort-of manual way for me to stop the nova-conductor loop after boot
instead of waiting for 2 hours.

Thanks,

John