[Openstack-operators] Cloud Upgrade Strategies

Yuriy Brodskiy ybrodskiy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:15:26 UTC 2016

Database only needed for control operations. During upgrade we disable API (mark down on LB or take them down). This will prevent users from making any database changes.
After that flow is "simple"- backup db - do a migration- perform your validation tests
If all good, bring up your api, if not, restore db backup to rollback
I'm over simplifying it here but this is basic concepts. You will find more details in the video