[Openstack-operators] [vmware][nova] "could not find capabilities for domaintype=kvm"

José Manuel Hernández josemhb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:16:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

For running KVM on ESX you need to make some changes:

   1. Edit the virtual machine Hardware (harware virtual 9  or higher)
   2. Select "Linux" as the guestOS Family and "Other Linux (64-bit)" as
   the guestOS Version.
   3. During the customize hardware wizard, expand the "CPU" section and
   select "Hardware Virtualization" box to enable VHV.
   4. Check and enable "Hardware vitualization: Expose hardware assited
   virtualization to the guest OS"
   5. Complete the wizard

I hope this may help you

José M. Hernández