[Openstack-operators] [ceilometer] Is it possible to set how often a ceilometer alarm fires when continuous alarm is true?

Mike Smith mismith at overstock.com
Thu Mar 3 22:20:32 UTC 2016

We are using Ceilometer to tell us when it’s time to expand a server cluster based on cpu utilization.  When I turn on repeat-actions (continuous alarming), it alerts about every 20 seconds.  Is there any way to specify how often the continuous alarm fires?   I like the idea of continuous alarm for our use-case, but doing it multiple times per minute is excessive.

I haven’t seen anything about this in the docs or in my search.  Help appreciated!

Mike Smith
Lead Cloud Systems Architect
Overstock.com<http://Overstock.com>