[Openstack-operators] Snapshots taking long time

Andreas Vallin andreas.vallin at it.uu.se
Thu Mar 3 07:01:21 UTC 2016

We are currently installing a new openstack cluster (Liberty) with
openstack-ansible and an already existing ceph cluster. We have both
images and volumes located in ceph with rbd. My current problem is that
snapshots take a very long time and I can see that snapshots are
temporary created under /var/lib/nova/instances/snapshots/tmp on the
compute node, I thought that this would not be needed when using ceph?
The instance that I am creating a snapshot of uses a raw image that is
protected. What can cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Andreas