[Openstack-operators] Setting affinity based on instance type

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Thu Mar 3 01:46:37 UTC 2016

Hi Kris,

When using aggregates as an example, anyone can assign
workloadA<>aggregateA and workloadB<>aggregateB. That's easy. But if we
have outstanding requests for workloadB and have a glut of capacity in
aggregateA, workloadB won't be able to use those hosts so we have spare
capacity and no way to utilize it.

So I want to set an affinity for workloads and not at the host level. That
way, hosts remain fungible, workload affinity policies are respected and
cloud capacity is properly utilizing capacity.

Does that make sense?

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.