[Openstack-operators] [puppet] - controller with mysql and rabbitmq have problem with puppet dependencies

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 12:42:28 UTC 2016

Good feedback!
However I'm afraid this is not the right channel for Puppetlabs
modules (rabbitmq, apache, mysql, etc) discussions. Please use
puppet-dev [1] if you want to get more attraction from Puppet
community.
If you need support about Puppet OpenStack [2], this place is the good
one though!

Thanks,

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/puppet-dev
[2] docs.openstack.org/developer/puppet-openstack-guide/

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Saverio Proto <zioproto at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it is puppetlabs-rabbitmq 5.4.0 that created this problem.
> I rolled back to 5.3.1
>
> Here is the commit that introduces the problem:
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-rabbitmq/commit/df71b47413fa2e941850a42e82ba83d7f680529d
>
> Saverio

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a pet server hosting both mysql and rabbitmq for openstack.
>> I guess this is common for many people running a Openstack Controller pet.
>>
>> I just figured out I have a strange problem with my puppet modules dependencies:
>>
>> puppetlabs-rabbitmq requires:
>> puppet-staging
>>
>> puppetlab-mysql requires:
>> nanliu-staging
>>
>> these 'staging' modules have a name collision, r10k will install them
>> into modules/staging/
>> so the latest one that is the Puppetfile wins.
>>
>> I know nanliu a old fork... but... which one of the two should I stick to ?
>>
>> Saverio

Emilien Macchi