[Openstack-operators] Getting help with Python API

Jared Wilkinson JWilkinson at ebsco.com
Wed Jul 6 18:53:02 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I am in the process of teaching myself Python and I have done a couple of free online courses but still have a fairly rudimentary understanding of Python, especially when it comes to using the OpenStack SDK. I was hoping you guys could point me to a mailing list for getting help with using the Python API calls in custom scripts. Specifically, something as simple as, return a list of all the tenant IDs (only) and push that send that to nova quota show and return just the CPU, memory, and storage metrics.

I can get the list of tenants from Keystone, but I can’t get it to just send me the list of IDs (we are using v2 of identity). I have read the documentation, but nothing there seems to help (or I am not quite strong enough in my Python skills to understand it) for this specific instance.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared Wilkinson | Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Team Lead
jwilkinson at ebsco.com | (W) 205/981-4018 | (M) 205/259-9802
5724 US Highway 280 East, Birmingham, AL 35242, USA