[Openstack-operators] PCI Passthrough issues

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jul 6 16:32:26 UTC 2016

Joe, seems to have been mostly solved with the qemu upgrade.  Since I
plan on being on Mitaka before blessing the gpu instances with the
'production' label I'm OK with that.

Blair I reflexively black list nouveau drivers about 5 ways in my
installer and six in puppet :)

I do have an odd remaining issue where I can run cuda jobs in the vm
but snapshots fail and after pause (for snapshotting) the pci device
can't be reattached (which is where i think it deletes the snapshot
it took).  Got same issue with 3.16 and 4.4 kernels.

Not very well categorized yet, but I'm hoping it's because the VM I
was hacking on had it's libvirt.xml written out with the older qemu
maybe?  It had been through a couple reboots of the physical system
though.

Currently building a fresh instance and bashing more keys...

Thanks all,

-Jon