[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators]disable snat for router gateway

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Tue Jan 26 22:10:46 UTC 2016

Thu Jan 21 21:23:16 UTC 2016, Bajin, Joseph wrote:
> Your right, it seems wonky, but nothing is wrong with your setup.
>
> I did find a bug in neutron that sorta explained why this was happening. [1]
>
> The explanation in the bug says this:
>
> There is a use case where SNAT is disabled on a Neutron router and there are
> upstream routes for tenant networks using the Neutron router as the next
> hop. What you're proposing would break that use case.
>
> So, good news everything is working as it should. Bad news, that its using
> up an IP.  I did see that midonet has patched their neutron code to not do
> this. (Add an IP address to the neutron router)

> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1518296

(Sorry for my late reply, your mail never got to my inbox but I just saw it on
the mailist archive).

OK, so I'm going to keep snat (which can still be useful for my use case) and
try with a second network which seems like the saner option.

Otherwise I'll ask around how to patch neutron.

Thank you!
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/