[Openstack-operators] how to get glance images for a specific tenant with the openstack client ?

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:19:45 UTC 2016

Hello there,

I need to delete some users  and tenants from my public cloud. Before
deleting the users and tenants from keystone, I need to delete all the
resources in the tenants.

I am stucked listing the glance images uploaded in a specific tenant.
I cannot find the way, I always get either all the images in the
system, or just the ones of the active OS_TENANT_NAME

openstack help image list
usage: openstack image list [-h] [-f {csv,json,table,value,yaml}] [-c COLUMN]
                            [--max-width <integer>] [--noindent]
                            [--quote {all,minimal,none,nonnumeric}]
                            [--public | --private | --shared]
                            [--property <key=value>] [--long]
                            [--sort <key>[:<direction>]]

As a work around I can add a user with member role in the tenant, and
list in that way ... but, there is really no way to specifiy
--tenant=id in the openstack client ?

thank you

Saverio