[Openstack-operators] [telcowg][nvf][midcycle] Manchester ops nfv

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Sun Jan 24 21:57:55 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Curtis" <serverascode at gmail.com>
> To: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any interest in having an NFV related component to the
> Manchester Midcycle operators meetup? I notice that there is nothing
> related in the etherpad (unless I just missed it). I would be very
> interested in being able to talk with other operators who are working
> on NFV or related projects.
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis.

Hi Curtis,

We hadn't planned/proposed anything under the auspices of the working group, lately we have mainly been focused on pushing documented user stories into the product working group and/or working directly with OPNFV folks. We were also conscious of the fact that we have had a telco/nfv session at the last few mid-cycles and that there are other deserving operator-focussed topics that were waiting in the wings for a slot. That's not to say folks shouldn't have a BOF or the like if there are enough attending though!

In terms of Austin summit planning we are not requesting dedicated telco working group space but are instead looking to join in with the OPNFV folks and try and foster relationships between the two communities since we share a lot of common interests (and members for that matter).

Thanks,

Steve