[Openstack-operators] [Fuel] Trying to get past a 6.1 deployment error

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Tue Jan 19 23:33:09 UTC 2016

Hola!

I'm seeing the following error in Fuel 6.1:

Deployment has failed. Method granular_deploy. Failed to execute hook
> 'puppet' Puppet run failed. Check puppet logs for details
> ---
> priority: 200
> fail_on_error: true
> type: puppet
> uids:
> - '1'
> parameters:
> puppet_modules: "/etc/puppet/modules"
> puppet_manifest:
> "/etc/puppet/modules/osnailyfacter/modular/virtual_ips/public_vip_ping.pp"
> timeout: 3600
> cwd: "/"
> .
> Inspect Astute logs for the details

*While troubleshooting, *I ran puppet apply -dv
/etc/puppet/modules/osnailyfacter/modular/virtual_ips/public_vip_ping.pp on
the master node and it gave me the following output (at the end):

Debug: hiera(): Looking for data source common
> Error: Could not find data item network_scheme in any Hiera data file and
> no default supplied at
> /etc/puppet/modules/osnailyfacter/modular/virtual_ips/public_vip_ping.pp:4
> on node fuel.fuel.tld
> Error: Could not find data item network_scheme in any Hiera data file and
> no default supplied at
> /etc/puppet/modules/osnailyfacter/modular/virtual_ips/public_vip_ping.pp:4
> on node fuel.fuel.tld

Thoughts/suggestions? Trying to build a Contrail demo in my lab. All nodes
are VMware instances. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the
Pacemaker VIP but I'm not clear on the path forward to resolve.

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.
427 North Tatnall Street