[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators]disable snat for router gateway

Aaron Segura aaron.segura at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:56:45 UTC 2016

It's possible.  We do it all the time.

However, without proper routing, Kevin and Joseph are correct.  The VM will
never receive replies to outbound packets because the upstream devices
don't know where to send them.

I also forgot to mention - The edge device also needs to NAT the fixed IP
of the VM to a public IP if you intend for your VMs to access the
Internet.  We use a global PAT rule to catch any VMs without a floating IP
and allow them egress on a shared public IP.