[Openstack-operators] COMMERCIAL:Re: How to install magnum?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 20:36:34 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mike Perez" <thingee at gmail.com>
> To: "Mike Smith" <mismith at overstock.com>
>
> On 02/22/2016 08:03 AM, Mike Smith wrote:
> > Mike (Perez)
> >
> > I believe he’s referring to me.     I volunteered to help write
> > Operator/Production oriented documentation assuming that there are RPMs
> > I can use (and that eventually those RPMs are part of RDO)
>
> Thanks Mike, my mistake to everyone. I think it's still disappointing
> that we have you now offering to help, but we're not further along here
> with some draft for you to pick up, as I've been watching the install
> doc repo.

With regards to inclusion in the install guide published to docs.o.o from openstack-manuals there has been a lot of debate about exactly how broad this should be - project-wise. See this thread regarding adding Manila for example:

    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-December/thread.html#8051

So there is probably a need for someone who wants to drive this to at least start the discussion with the install guide subteam on the docs list: