[Openstack-operators] vmware nsx 6

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:30:51 UTC 2016

Hi Mark, many thanks for your help.
We are not using vmware VIO, but we are using openstack liberty community
edition with a Region for vmware nsx.
If you read the following link:

http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/networking_config-agents.html

you can see the following instructions:

   1. Use the NSX Administrator Guide to add the node as a Hypervisor by
   using the NSX Manager GUI. Even if your forwarding node has no VMs and is
   only used for services agents like neutron-dhcp-agent or
   neutron-lbaas-agent, it should still be added to NSX as a Hypervisor.

On  nsx 6.2.1 GUI there isn't any section to add the node as a Hypervisor,
probably because this document is related to a NSX multi hypervisor version.

So the question is: must we wait for a new nsx multi hypervisor version or
we can use the current nsx version ?

Best Regards

Ignazio