[Openstack-operators] Anyone using Project Calico for tenant networking?

Ned Rhudy (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) erhudy at bloomberg.net
Sat Feb 6 14:40:47 UTC 2016

Thanks. Having read the documentation, I have one question about the network design. Basically, our use case specifies that instances be able to have a stable IP across terminations; effectively what we'd like to do is have a setup where both the fixed and floating IPs are routable outside the cluster. Any given instance should get a routable IP when it launches, but additionally be able to take a floating IP that would act as a stable endpoint for other things to reference.

The Calico docs specify that you can create public/private IPv4 networks in Neutron, both with DHCP enabled. Is it possible to accomplish what I'm talking about by creating what are two public IPv4 subnets, one with DHCP enabled and one with DHCP disabled that would be used as the float pool? Or is this not possible?