[Openstack-operators] New networking solution for Cloud Native apps....

Chris Marino chris at romana.io
Fri Feb 5 14:42:25 UTC 2016

Hi Jay, yes we do.

Besides the obvious ML2 driver, we've probably done more with the new IPAM
API than anyone. We submitted a proposal for the Summit to talk about our
experiences.

Also, we want Romana to work on whatever underlay OpenStack is running and
that's going to require further work so that the various ML2 drivers
peacefully co-exist.

We're also working on integration with container management systems to
avoid the double encap problem that they have when running on OpenStack.
None of them have a great tenancy model and this is where OpenStack can
really help.

CM
ᐧ