[Openstack-operators] Liberty with kvm and vmware

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Wed Feb 3 18:53:22 UTC 2016

Le 03/02/2016 11:00, Ignazio Cassano a écrit :
> Dear all,
> we installed openstack liberty with kvm computing nodes and now we
> would add
> some vmware computing nodes with nsx.
> We know nsx multi hypervisor is not available yet, so we do not expect
> to have the same neutron controller for vmware and kvm, but we would
> like to share some openstack components.
> Anyone can suggest us how we can go on ?
> Must we create a new region/cell/... and share only keystone ?
> Or we can also share the dashboard ?
> Regards
> Ignazio

Hi,

In the same situation, but no NSX, we go the multi-region way, with a
common keystone and horizon.
So far, no real problem.

A glitch : we had to share a common Neutron network between the two
regions (no other choice for the moment), and to be sure that there
won't be any problem with the metadata service, we change the IP of one
(169.254.169.253). And that was not just a config option, we had to
modify the source code.