[Openstack-operators] [nova] New API DB in use

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 22:48:54 UTC 2016

(Sorry I usually hate cross-posting, but I've been told to reach both
communities)

Starting from Kilo, a new DB has been added for Nova that we call "API
DB" [1]. It's part of the on-going Cells V2 effort that is not yet to be
production-ready.

During Liberty, we populated this fresh additional DB by some tables and
in Liberty, we began using it.

The real production-ish impact is that Nova now needs to have its 2nd DB
being created (starting from [2])

Like what was said in the Kilo release notes as an optional thing ([1]
again) and was clearly stated in a Mitaka-1 release note [3], people
doing Continous Deployment now need to setup their new API DB.

Operators still on Liberty and Kilo, you can already prepare to have
this new API DB by creating it already.

HTH,
-Sylvain

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Kilo#Cells_v2