[Openstack-operators] Upstream University: Signup for Mentors and Mentees

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 01:09:01 UTC 2016

Hi OPNFV Folks,

Please be aware of the Upstream University Mike is running for Austin
Summit and register if you are interested : )

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm trying to gather how much interest there is do an Upstream University
> at
> the Austin summit as we've done at the summits since Paris. Here's an
> excerpt
> from the training guides about the program [1]:
>
> We've designed a training program to help professional developers negotiate
> this hurdle. It shows them how to ensure their bug fix or feature is
> accepted
> in the OpenStack project in a minimum amount of time. The educational
> program
> requires students to work on real-life bug fixes or new features during two
> days of real-life classes and online mentoring, until the work is accepted
> by
> OpenStack. The live two-day class teaches them to navigate the intricacies
> of
> the project's technical tools and social interactions. In a followup
> session,
> the students benefit from individual online sessions to help them resolve
> any
> remaining problems they might have.
>
> In order for this program to be successful, we need mentors and
> students/mentees. If you're available April 23-24 before the summit starts
> in
> Austin, TX and want to help others and mentor or just want to learn more on
> contributing to OpenStack, please sign up and check the box that indicates
> you're interested in the Upstream University.
>
> https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/mentoring
>
> Even if you're unable to participate, please consider spreading the word so
> this event can be a success!
>
> [1] -
> https://github.com/openstack/training-guides/blob/master/doc/upstream-training/upstream-details.rst#first-day
>
> --
> Mike Perez

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado