[Openstack-operators] LBaaS V2 on multi-node Neutron Liberty

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:53:57 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, I need some advice on installing LBaaS on my Liberty
(CentOS7) deployment. I have a multi host deployment with 2 Networking
nodes running all my agents (L3, dhcp, .. )

I have reviewed this [1] documentation, and I notice there is LBaaS
agent based V2, which is the current version, should I install this
[2] 'yum install openstack-neutron-lbaas' package only, or should I
install 'yum install haproxy openstack-neutron-lbaas' on my network
nodes?

I have two Networking nodes, should proceed and install the agent the
same way on both, and then just verify with neutron agent-list?

This [1] Neutron documentation also mentions: "neutron-db-manage
--service lbaas upgrade head".
Can anyone please share what kind of modifications will occur to my DB
and if it will affect any of my existing data with networks, subnets,
ports etc in a harmful way, or is this a safe command to run?

thx will!

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/networking-guide/adv-config-lbaas.html#lbaas-v2
[2] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-liberty/openstack-neutron-lbaas-7.0.0-1.el7.noarch.rpm