[Openstack-operators] [nova] Live migration performance tests on 100 compute nodes

Koniszewski, Pawel pawel.koniszewski at intel.com
Wed Dec 28 13:11:39 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

We made a research to see how live migration performance varies between different configurations, especially we aimed to test tunneled vs non-tunneled live migrations. To test live migration we simulated a case of 0-day patching of 100 compute nodes (including reboot) with workloads that are close to the real world workloads. All the results were published [1] along with environment configuration and how we built test framework. Hope you find this useful.

[1] https://01.org/openstack/blogs/pkoniszewski/2016/ossc-zero-day-patching

Kind Regards,
Pawel Koniszewski