[Openstack-operators] OpenStack DVR SNAT not forwarding traffic

stephan schultchen stephan.schultchen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:36:13 UTC 2016

hey,

i have setup a OpenStack installation in my HomeLab with neutron DVR.

everything is working fine, except the SNAT routing. traffic from self
service networks is not forwarded to the provider network.

instances are able to ping the provider ip of the SNAT router, but nothing
else that lifes outside the self servide network.

i am not 100% sure, but i think the SNAT iptables rules are missing on the
SNAT router.

i have (hopefully) uploaded all relevant configuration files, from all
nodes, a description of my setup, and the output of some important
"openstack-cli" commands.

you will also find the iptables rules of all nodes & the network namspaces
that are defined on all nodes.

here is a links with and overview of all uploaded files on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/hw5MGsLJ

i guess i have just miss configured something, but i am not sure what it
could be.

if some other informations are needed, i would be more then happy to
provide them

(and yes, i know that there are passwords in the config files, but the
system is not reachable from the outside, and besides this, it is my
private playground :-) )

Thanks,

Stephan