[Openstack-operators] Change 'swap' in a flavor template

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:34:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Mikhail Medvedev <mihailmed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could not figure out how to set swap on existing flavor fast enough,
> so I initially edited nova db directly. There were no side effects in
> doing so in Icehouse. I see no reason it would not work in Liberty.
>
>> Can anyone please advice on how to go about changing the 'swap'
>> setting for an existing flavor? Last resort is to add additional
>> flavors with swap values, but that would be very ugly. :(
>
> For a "nicer" way I ended up recreating flavor I needed to edit:
> delete old one, create new one with the same id and swap enabled. I
> hope there is a better way, but editing db directly, or recreating
> flavor was sufficient for me so far.

Thanks Mikhail. Appreciate the hint. I thought of deleting the flavor,
and add again but was concerned about if that would affect current
instances with that flavor-id in use? Maybe the easiest is to just go
ahead and update the 'nova' table. I just was concerned that there
would be existing relationships that would brake upon e.g. deleting
existing instances, however.. I think I should go ahead and try the
db-update way first. thanks! will