[Openstack-operators] Change 'swap' in a flavor template

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:24:17 UTC 2016

Hi list,

I have flavors created, and wanted to change 'swap', however it seems
to be difficult. I've checked both 'nova flavor-key set', and
'openstack flavor set'. One can provide --properties swap=N, however
that is adding a value to the properties field and does not amend the
actual 'swap' attribute.

Updating directly in DB is something I wanted to avoid as I'm not sure
what the consequences may be changing a flavor attribute that is
already in use directly through the DB.

Can anyone please advice on how to go about changing the 'swap'
setting for an existing flavor? Last resort is to add additional
flavors with swap values, but that would be very ugly. :(

I'm using liberty/centos7.

thx, will