[Openstack-operators] Mitaka to Newton networking issues

Grant Morley grant at absolutedevops.io
Tue Dec 6 10:29:35 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin & Neil,

Many thanks for the reply. I have attached a screen shot showing that we
cannot ping between the L3 HA nodes on the router name spaces. This was
previously working fine with Mitaka, and has only stopped working since
the upgrade to Newton.

 From the packet captures and TCP dumps, the traffic doesn't seem to be
even leaving the namespace.

On the attachment, the left hand side shows the state of keepalived
showing both HA agents as master and the ring hand side is the ping attempt.

Regards,