[Openstack-operators] Update on Nova scheduler poor performance with Ironic

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Wed Aug 31 21:34:54 UTC 2016

Hi Marc,

Too sad we didn't see you at the OpenStack Ops meetup. =)

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Marc Heckmann
<marc.heckmann at ubisoft.com> wrote:

> I admit that we're having  a hard time figuring out exactly which
> scheduler filters rely on the option though.

I suspect the following filters depend on the scheduler instance
tracking feature:
- DifferentHostFilter
- SameHostFilter
- ServerGroupAntiAffinityFilter
- ServerGroupAffinityFilter
- TypeAffinityFilter

I checked for filters relying on host_state.instances being defined.

I opened a bug related to scheduler being too greedy when loading list
of instances for tracking:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1619050

Change proposed to fix the bug:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363944/