[Openstack-operators] Neutron Allow tenants to select Fixed VM IPs

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:23:37 UTC 2016

thanks Lubosz! I should explore further if floating IPs will help here.

Can you also please clarify if VM IP is stored in the DB the IPs that have
been assigned to a VM so there should be no risk of the dhcp giving it a
new IP suddenly? That would cause a nightmare with real tenants soon coming
onboard my deploy. I know there are some dnsmasq dhcp files in
/var/lib/neutron/ on my Networking nodes, but what if I replace one of them
with a fresh install, will the necessary vm details such as IP etc. be
retrieved from the DB? thx will