[Openstack-operators] Shelving

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Thu Aug 18 21:12:13 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 06:48:12AM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
:Shelved instances still consume IPs and hypervisor disk IIRC, so they're
:not free for nova. So, there has to be some form of accounting of shelved
:instances to stop resource exhaustion, especially in the IP space.
:
:I'm not opposed to removing most of their cost from quota, but I don't
:think we can do it entirely.

True they do consume IPs.

In my configuration they do not consume any hypervisor disk.  I
*think* this is true of all configurations once the 'shelved' systems
are 'offloaded'.

-Jon