[Openstack-operators] Live snapshots issue

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Fri Aug 12 07:56:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

I’m using Ubuntu 14.04 with qemu 2.3 and libvirt 1.3.1. Last time I also upgraded kernel to 4.4 version (from kernel.ubuntu.com). After this upgrade I have an issue with live_snapshots in libvirt.
When nova makes live-snapshot, libvirt should add new rule to apparmor rules for instance and then start „qemu drive-mirror” operation. Problem is that rule added to apparmor is not „visible” by kernel.
When I added similar rule manually I had to reboot hard instance to apply new rule (even if I made apparmor_parser -r …). Similar issue is when libvirt is addind new rule to apparmor.
Because of this issue qemu don’t have permission to open „delta” file and there is error.
Same issue not happen on kernel 3.13 – rule added by libvirt is normally visible by apparmor and snapshot is created properly.
Maybe someone of You got already such issue and maybe You know any solution to fix that?

Pozdrawiam
Sławek Kapłoński
slawek at kaplonski.pl