[Openstack-operators] Domains in Mitaka

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 03:19:31 UTC 2016

On 08/04/2016 07:11 AM, Prakash Kanthi wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Is there a easy way to enable Multi-Domain support in Mitaka, so that
> I can create domains from default 'admin' account?
>
> I already have following config in
> /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings file. This allows me to enter
> domain during login but does not allow me to create 'domains'.
>
> OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL = "http://%s:5000/v3"
> OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_MULTIDOMAIN_SUPPORT = True
> OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_DEFAULT_DOMAIN = 'default'
> CACHES = {
> 'default': {
>   'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
>   'LOCATION': '127.0.0.1:11211',
>     }
> }

Depends on the policy you are using. If you are using the default
policy, anyone with an admin role should be able to create a domain:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystone/tree/etc/policy.json#n33

|"identity:create_domain": "rule:admin_required", which resolves to ||"admin_required": "role:admin or is_admin:1",|