[Openstack-operators] Blazar? (Reservations and/or scheduled termination)

Álvaro López García aloga at ifca.unican.es
Thu Aug 4 07:59:15 UTC 2016

On 03 Aug 2016 (17:23), Tim Bell wrote:

> When I last looked, Blazar allows you to reserve instances for a given time. An example would be
>
> - We are organizing a user training session for 100 physicists from Monday to Friday
> - We need that each user is able to create 2 VMs within a single shared project (as the images etc. are set up before)
> - OpenStack should ensure that these resources would be available (or reject the request) and schedule other Blazar requests around it
>
> This does need other functionality though which is currently not there
>
> - Spot instances, i.e. give me the resources if they are available but
> kill when you have a reservation. Alvaro is proposing a talk for some
> work done in Indigo Datacloud project for this at the summit (votes
> welcome).

For the record, we proposed a spec [1] on this long ago (actually, 1
year ago).

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104883/

Your input is much welcome!

Cheers,
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n                            skype: aloga.csic
39005 Santander (SPAIN)