[Openstack-operators] [gnocchi] monitoring storage use case inquiry

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Mon Aug 1 12:52:10 UTC 2016

On Jul 31, 2016 8:32 PM, "Sam Morrison" <sorrison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gordon,
>
> We are using the influxDB backend and we have our retention policies set
to:

> Every minute for an hour
> Every 10 minutes for a day
> Every hour for a year
>
> Currently we hover around 8,000 instances.
>
> We understand the influxDB driver was taken out of gnocchi, bit annoyed
as it wasn’t mentioned on the operators list.
> We currently have just got it working with version 2.1 of gnocchi and are
keen to see if it can be added back into gnocchi.

> We already use influxDB for other non openstack stuff and so would rather
use that as opposed to adding yet another system.

> Would be interested to know what other operators use gnocchi and what
backend they use.

I haven't implemented Gnocchi yet, but it's on my to do list. We are using
Influxdb for our collectd data and had planned to use that for Gnocchi as
well. +1 for putting the driver back in as I didn't know it was gone :(.

-Erik