[Openstack-operators] Devstack liberty with keystone v3

kiran vemuri UH kkvemuri at uh.edu
Mon Apr 25 23:35:31 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I recently got started with OpenStack with a goal of bringing up a multi
region setup i.e., 2 regions using the same keystone service.

I started with devstack liberty stable release by following the
documentation available at:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/#configuration

I am able to bring up the liberty but it boots with keystone v2 as default.
Could anyone please point me to the documentation on how to enable keystone
v3?

I tried making changes to local.conf file with the following parameters.

ENABLE_IDENTITY_V2=False
IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
DEFAULT_DOMAIN=default

but, everytime I do unstack and stack, it results in error similar to this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1490950

I also tried solutions listed in the above bug.. but nothing helped.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Kiran Vemuri

*kiran vemuri*