[Openstack-operators] nova snapshots should dump all RAM to hypervisor disk ?

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:41:56 UTC 2016

> I actually have a card in my trello board to implement live snapshots,
> pointing to this link
> http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2015/02/09/openstack-perform-consistent-snapshots-with-qemu-guest-agent/
>
> However, I haven't tested it yet. If you test it let me know how it goes.

Hello Antonio,

i tried to add to my nova.conf

[workarounds]
disable_libvirt_livesnapshot=False

however it has no effect because I am running Kilo and I have rbd backend.

I found that only since recently live snapshots with rbd backend are possible.

The following patch is in master (and cherry-picked few days ago in Mitaka).

commit 231832354932e26f0d76af1cf1711e701375672b