[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] L3 HA testing on scale

Anna Kamyshnikova akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 18 14:15:46 UTC 2016

Hi guys!

As a developer I use Devstack or multinode OpenStack installation (4-5
nodes) for work, but these are "abstract" environments, where you are not
able to perform some scenarios as your machine is not powerful enough. But
it is really important to understand the issues that real deployments have.

Recently I've performed testing of L3 HA on the scale environment 49 nodes
(3 controllers, 46 computes) Fuel 8.0. On this environment I ran shaker and
rally tests and also performed some manual destructive scenarios. I think
that this is very important to share these results. Ideally, I think that
we should collect statistics for different configurations each release to
compare and check it to make sure that we are heading the right way.

The results of shaker and rally tests [1]. I put detailed report in google
doc [2]. I would appreciate all comments on these results.

[1] - http://akamyshnikova.github.io/neutron-benchmark-results/
[2] -
https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/1TFEUzRRlRIt2HpsOzFh-RqWwgTzJPBefePPA0f0x9uw/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,