[Openstack-operators] Configure cinder to allow volume delete when RBD snapshots present

Forrest Flagg raymond.flagg at maine.edu
Mon Apr 11 15:18:29 UTC 2016

All,

I have a working Kilo cloud running with ceph for the storage backend.  I'd
like to use RBD snapshots for backups because they're so fast, but cinder
doesn't allow volume deletion when an RBD snapshot exists.  I want to keep
daily backups in case a user terminates an instance and we need recover it
or for disaster recovery.  Is there a way to mark the volumes as deleted
when a tenant deletes them so they don't show up in OpenStack but still
exist within ceph for backup purposes?  Thanks,

--
Forrest Flagg
Cloud System Administrator
raymond.flagg at maine.edu