[Openstack-operators] oslo.log syslog configuration

John Dewey john at dewey.ws
Wed Apr 6 23:23:44 UTC 2016

Does anyone have a good reference on implementing oslo.log into rsyslog? Currently, we have configured the various service to log to syslog, and rsyslog is able to do the appropriate thing.  However, the services still open their respective logfiles, and emit stack traces there vs syslog.  I’m curious if people are maintaining their own logging.confs or if oslo.log makes it unnecessary now.

John