[Openstack-operators] "Master" keystone and "sub" keystone

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Sep 28 20:20:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 02:06:00PM -0600, Matt Fischer wrote:
:On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Jonathan Proulx <jon at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

:> I'm hearing conflicting advice about the suitibility of Fernet tokens
:> for production use.
:>
:> I like the idea. I did get them to work in kilo trivially for CLI, but
:> Horizon was unhappy for reasons I didn't fully investigate as I heard
:> they 'weren't quite ready in kilo' so I defered further investigation
:> to next cycle.
:>
:> Though honestly if you're building somthing new right now starting
:> with Liberty is probably the right thing anyway by the time you're
:> done PoC it will be released.
:>
:> -Jon
:
:
:We're using them in prod, generally happy except with Validation
:performance. For Horizon we run off of master anyway but you have to pull
:in some code from Liberty or it won't work.

Thanks that's actually very good to know.  I have a recent master
version of Horizon that I hope to move to production soon, so if it's
all Horizon issues I may make the move to Fernet in production sooner
rather than later.

-Jon