[Openstack-operators] Insert an entry into the instance action list

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Mon Sep 21 17:15:02 UTC 2015

The instance action list is a very useful tool for our end users to see what
has gone on with their VMs. Working with people in teams means that
sometimes one person does not get to hear what another one has done and so
raises helpdesk cases like "one of the VMs was rebooted".

Are there functions where

-          Either an admin or a team member can insert a record into the
instance action list ?

-          When performing an operation such as 'nova reboot', is there a
message option to create more than just '-' in the message column  ?

$  nova instance-action-list timosdoc

+--------+------------------------------------------+---------+-------------
---------------+

| Action | Request_ID                               | Message | Start_Time

| create | req-fb6566f9-492a-4463-840d-577ed9b54861 | -       |
2015-07-29T11:19:36.000000 |

| reboot | req-9ec87fd0-788a-426b-bab3-01ad6dbe6dee | -       |
2015-09-09T13:41:36.000000 |

Tim