[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev][openstack-operators][tc][tags] Rally tags

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Mon Sep 21 05:08:33 UTC 2015

Hi stackers,

Rally project is becoming more and more used by Operators to check that
live OpenStack clouds perform well and that they are ready for production.

Results of PAO OPS meeting showed that there are interest in Rally related
tags for projects:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/operators/49466

3) "works in rally" - new tag suggestion
> There was general interest in asking the Rally team to consider making a
> "works in rally" tag, since the rally tests were deemed 'good'.

I have few ideas about the rally tags:

- covered-by-rally
   It means that there are official (inside the rally repo) plugins for
testing of particular project

- has-rally-gates
   It means that Rally is run against every patch proposed to the project

- certified-by-rally [wip]
   As well we are starting working on certification task:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225176/5
   which will be the standard way to check whatever cloud is ready for
production based on volume, performance & scale testing.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic